|Label||Sony Music Japan|
Chris Mosdell is an award-winning British lyricist, poet, and author, as well as a composer, vocalist, and illustrator, based in Tokyo, Japan, and Boulder, Colorado, USA.
In the early 1990s the lyricist began a foray into anime soundtrack collaborations with the composer Yoko Kanno, internationally known for her work in this field. Their partnership resulted in songs for the soundtracks to Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Turn A Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, RahXephon and Wolf's Rain. Together they also wrote Dreams in a Pie for the software game Napple Tale and worked on songs (“Another Grey Day in the Big Blue World” and "Kingfisher Girl") for Maaya Sakamoto. Yoko Kanno and Maaya Sakamoto comment his works in a 90 minutes documentary production detailing Mosdell's artistic history, entitled Ink Music: In the Land of the Hundred-Tongued Lyricist, slated for release in 2009.
Songs written by Chris MosdellEdit
- Another Grey Day in the Big Blue World, Sakamoto Maaya, Easy Listening, 2001
- Butterfly, M, Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Future Blues), 2001
- Beauty Is Within Us, Scott Matthew, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex O.S.T., 2003
- The Garden of Everything, Sakamoto Maaya, tune the rainbow, 2003
- Kingfisher Girl, Sakamoto Maaya, Shonen Alice, 2003
- Run, Wolf Warrior, Run, Joyce, Wolf's Rain O.S.T. 1, 2004
- The End of All You'll Know, Scott Matthew, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex O.S.T. 3, 2005
- Dreams in a Pie, Sakamoto Maaya, Napple Tale O.S.T. 2, ????